Another 48 hours and I shall be in India. Today I found the old prepaid SIM that I was using in India – don’t remember the number, but will publicize it as soon as it activates. It will be exciting to be back in familiar old surroundings – there are crazy agendas around meeting people, shopping and eating, but this is what I will miss about Hanoi, in no particular order:
- Early morning swim (not that the results are visible yet)
- Cycling on the road in the middle of the morning (just try to visualize this in Mumbai!)
- Coffee in the morning with Souvik (mush, mush), checking out people’s facebook updates
- Laundry (not!)
- Thinking about what to cook (Moms, please note)
- Being sloppily dressed around the house, coz who’s going to see me anyway?
- Finding a table in a cafe and lounging for hours (there’s almost NO rush, at least in the ones that I frequent)
- Running English conversation groups on Mondays
- Sneak previews of the city dressing up for the 1000-year celebrations, for my photography obsession
- Flower market – my spiritual zone 🙂
- Looking left and then right, while crossing the road (or is it the other way round?)
Imagine what the list will be like, returning from India!